Monday, June 23, 2014

Day 75 - Chores and Cupcakes

I'm back to enjoying the story.  (However, that means I'm not counting words.  I'm just ... makin' stuff up.  I get very immersed in the story, but that sometimes means I'm so immersed I forget to write things down.)

I credit this partly with my taking on some freelance typography work this week.  I really enjoy typography.  I probably enjoy it more than drawing or other kinds of design (although it kinda goes hand in hand).  It's the kind of thing I can dive into, and then come up for breath four hours later, totally unaware that any time has passed.

At the same time, it's a very pragmatic, intellectual activity.  Very technical.  Everything is measured in numbers, even the colors.  And as such, it also has the feel of a day job.  Not in the "dreary chore" kinda way, but more in that the "My gosh, look at all I did today! I deserve a cupcake!" kind of way.

It's always good when writing becomes the cupcake.

So I've been reading and writing as if they were the same thing.  (But not baking cupcakes because it's too hot.  I did make yogurt today...)

See you in the funny papers.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Glad you're enjoying the story again and that writing is the cupcake. :)

No, too hot to bake. And cook. I've got food in the slow cooker and the a/c set low.

The Daring Novelist said...

Thanks!

I know that as soon as it's cool enough, I'll probably bake brownies.