Thursday, June 19, 2014

Day 71 - Setting Type

Yesterday I decided to test the waters on setting up a book covers business by posting on KBoards a test offer (ultra cheap, limited time, limited to KBoards) to set type on provided images.  The idea is to figure out what to charge for which services, what parameters to set out, what questions to ask, etc.

I have made enough money to make me not regret doing this.  (And I always have fun playing with fonts.)

Unfortunately, I don't have anything to show you right now.  I've been thinking, though, that maybe when I come back to full blogging, I might put the emphasis on illustration and book art.

Anyway, most of the past couple of days has been taken up by family and medical kerfuffle.  (Let this be a warning to you young whippersnappers, when you reach a certain age, you may expect to have more free time, but you won't.  Not only you, but everyone you know will be busy with significantly increased health kerfuffle.  Plan accordingly.)

So, no writing today.  What little writing I got done yesterday, I didn't count. 

Tomorrow we've really got to see How to Train Your Dragon 2.  And I have some covers.  But I do expect to get back to writing as well.

See you in the funny papers.

No comments: