Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Day 54 - Eaten by Computers

I got work done today. I don't remember what work it was (on In Flight, and whatever it was I was pleased with it).

My mother's computer died, so she bought mine, and I went and bought a new one.  And a monitor so that I have a larger screen for art.  (The computer's aways a laptop.)  Oh, and also a larger internal hard drive, because the ones Apple sends them out with are small.

But after much unpacking and scrambling and changing and reinstalling and finding of tool kits and rearranging desks and ... and ... and.... I'm exhausted.  New hard drive is currently downloading new system (Macs no longer come with system disks.)

Oh, I remember part of what I did earlier today: I went through the story from the point of view of several characters on the "other side" including the villain, and I came across an opportunity for a lurking tension scene that I had previously missed.  I also wrote some scenes, but I have no idea how many words.

See you in the funny papers.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Glad you got it all set up (but what a pain). Good luck with picking back up with it all today. Sounds like you still made good progress with the POV analysis.

chacha1 said...

maybe tomorrow you will wake up and be completely unstalled. surely all that computer stuff will have pacified your mathy brain. :-)

also, I love that idea of going through the story from a non-protagonist's point of view. must try that!