Sunday, June 1, 2014

Day 53 - Stalling

I seem to be stalling too easily right now.  (Both senses of the word -- stalling out and stalling for time).

That means I'm burning out my momentum on In Flight.  Still have a lot of enthusiasm, though, so I'm back to knitting it together, re-outlining to match the new material.  And.. I'm also doing some prep work for other books, and playing with The Man Who Ran Away.

I've realized that the "Man Who" series (Starling and Marquette) is my perfectionist series.  That's why it takes so long to write one of those books.  Yes, the plotting and subplotting and cluing and all is complicated.  But it's also a story where the language and timing are important.  Like joke writing, only here it matters as much in the drama as not.

See you in the funny papers.

No comments: