Friday, June 6, 2014

Day 57 - A Healthy Day

It was a mixed day on the work front.  I did small amounts of lots of things -- including brainstorming, drawing, writing, editing -- and an awful lot of physical activity, and I ate a healthy dinner.

I have to get up way early tomorrow to get more eye tests.  I am a little worried, not because the tests have turned out bad so far (fingers crossed) but because I just learned that not only are cortico-steroid sprays bad for glaucoma, but pretty much every single solitary thing you can do to deal with bad sinuses is also bad for glaucoma.  Antihistimines, any kind of decongestant.  It appears the thing you want relieved for sinus problems is exactly the thing you need to encourage to prevent glaucoma.  Which would then mean that even natural cures are bad.  (Could hot and sour soup be a problem? This would be disastrous.)

So far, however, I have not found that nasal strips are a problem. (Go California Chrome!  Win one for sinus sufferers everywhere.)

Anyway, that's probably TMI -- but I thought others who take a lot of sinus meds should know that it can worsen or even cause eye pressure problems.

Anyway, I would like to get this draft of In Flight done in the next couple of weeks, because I found out I'll be visiting some places that will be good for jumping into The Man Who Ran Away.

See you in the funny papers.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Good luck with the appointment and In Flight!

I hear good things about neti pots, but it's just not a fun-sounding thing to use...

The Daring Novelist said...

Yeah, I use a sinus rinse (same principle as a neti pot) - but it only helps for certain things.

The good news: I am no longer a Glaucoma suspect. I just have hearty eyes -- they are dense enough that the pressure reading is off.