And I mean that in a good way. Often when I go dark on my blog, it's because life has gone to hell, and I'm pedaling as fast as I can.
This fall, though, I've been busy with creative projects. Mainly audio. Not as much writing as I'd like, mainly because my writing got thrown for a loop by the tsunami of kerfuffle that happened this summer. (Which actually started in January.)
But this Fall....
Fall is my favorite time of year. I like winter a lot, too, but Fall is my favorite season. The last three months of the year tend to be my most creative and productive.
And up until two years ago, those months tended to be the most intense times at work. And for the past two years, I've had ... stuff going on.
I feel like, this year, the fourth quarter is finally living up to my anticipation.
This particular burst of energy has been mainly setting up my audio production facilities, which include:
- A cramped little upstairs closet, chock full of clothes (which dampen sound) and little battery operated light, and a folding chair. (Investment - $3 for the light. $25 for the chair)
- A Sony PCM-M10 portable recorder. (Investment $200)
- A 35 year old directional condenser microphone I'd bought in college, and had given up as dead. (Investment -- $3 for some panty hose and pipe cleaners to improve the "pop" filter on it. Still not perfect.)
- Kindle and Kindle light (already owned).
- Stock sound (Investment - maybe $20 all told - including music and sound effects.)
- Audacity software - Free
- Computer (already owned).
- Some mini-SD cards (Investment - maybe $10?)
And with this, I am launching not one, but TWO podcasts. The main podcast, a weekly fiction podcast, should launch on or around December 9. It will be called Reading In The Attic, because that is not only literally what I'm doing, but also evokes the feeling I like for the kind of fiction I'll be reading. (Mostly my own, but also some old stuff found in the "dusty attic" of internet archives.)
But before then (I hope) I will test the waters by starting a monthly podcast related to this blog. The Daring Novelist Podcast will mostly feature old top posts from this blog, but I'm going to start THIS WEEK, with a post about why I'm so wrapped up in audio. (This will also appear as text here.)
There is a whole lot of background trouble involved in setting up a podcast, though, so I can't guarantee this will happen by Monday or Tuesday, as I hope.
Once all that is up and running, I hope to have time to actually get back to fiction, and more posts here.
See you in the funny papers.