Sunday, October 31, 2010

Crit Dare Day 9 - On a Roll

Momentum is a wonderful thing. It can take a while to build up, but once you really have it, it carries you.

And as I thought, throwing myself into my critique group has given me the momentum I need. Quite a lot of it. I have no idea how many words I wrote today, but it was a couple thousand.

I did do my one critique, and but I didn't get Chapter 12 ready yet. (I've set a deadline for myself of midnight tomorrow.) I've tried to do an assessment of how long it's going to take to do the rest, but I can't tell. Since I am revamping a lot of the middle, I do have a lot of work to do. But it's all fun stuff and should go well.

Tomorrow we go to see a morning matinee of Bela Lugosi's Dracula, and then to dim sum. Then just writing for the rest of the day.

I do hope I can catch up on sleep, though. The problem with momentum is it tends to pick up just as you are trying to go to bed.

No comments: