Friday, October 1, 2010

Amazon Allowing Some Free Indie eBooks?


A number of authors have discovered that Amazon has lowered the price of certain books to FREE today. These are books they have offered on Smashwords.

I was under the impression that Amazon didn't allow you to offer a book for free at all - that your price could not be lower at Smashwords than at Amazon. Apparently this is not so for books that aren't in the 70 percent royalty option.

This is something I've wanted to do for my collection Waiter, There's A Clue In My Soup! It's a sampler of five of my previously published short mystery stories (plus a couple of chapters from Have Gun Will Play).

So announcing that I now have the book free at Smashwords. Unfortunately, I have no control over what Amazon does, so the price in the Kindle store is still, for now, 99 cents.

No comments: