Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Bad Bad Me

Sigh, I got distracted by covers today. One of my artists produced a cover that won't do for the book (though it is wonderful and I think I'll have to write a book to suit the cover). And I needed to fiddle with some Photoshop tools, so I sat down and started fiddling with a new cover concept for Wife of Freedom. I like where it is going very much, but it's going to take a bunch more work.

And the next thing you know it was too late to get any writing done.

It is always a question, when it gets late at night, whether you should keep going or get a good night's sleep. I often keep going at night because I'm a night person. But I am tired, and I don't have to go in to work until late tomorrow, so I could get a really good morning session in.

Although I'll probably scribble some notes and fragmentary dialog tonight yet.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Hope you were able to get a little done at night or in the morning. I feel like I'm always squeezing the writing time in, too.

The Daring Novelist said...

I don't have kids. I have no excuse.

I did get some good stuff in this morning. Mostly tearing out some old threads and weaving them back together. I have a little reworking to do on it, but I think I finally have the flow going right.

(Gotta find the right place for Karla's sentiment: "life's too short for the messy awkward bits.")