Monday, October 25, 2010

Crit Dare Day 4 - Progress!

Critique does do good things to clear the head sometimes. One of my critique group commented on an odd reaction of Gwen - wondering if it meant something I didn't intend it to mean - not overtly anyway. However, she had spotted some subtext, and discussing that put me in the right frame of mind to finally approach the most important scene in Chapter 12.

I need a title for that chapter, though. I've got a few in mind, but I haven't found the perfect one. I am using chapter titles in this book the way I used them in Have Gun, Will Play - as teasers. Which means, if possible, they have to suggest the feel and direction of the chapter, without actually being a plot spoiler. Since we can only post one chapter at a time in this group, I like to end each submission with a "next up" and the title of the next chapter.

So anyway, I got a couple more critiques done, but since today was long and mildly grueling at work, I didn't get as much done as I'd like. (No new work on The Serial.) But I am content.

In the next hour or so, I shall post Tuesday's guest post from Chris Kelly of Dun Scaith - all about how a protagonist is not necessarily a hero.

No comments: