Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Next Dare and the First Chapter

I'll be starting the run to finish/rewrite the work-in-progress next weekend. However, it's really catching fire right now, and I'm itching to go.

It's the last week of the semester now, and I just won't have time to do what I want, but I figure I'll create a seven-day Prep Dare to get me ready. The goals will be to get down good notes on all the ideas popping up in my brain, as well as to read the existing material. Maybe scribble some scene snippets.

And to get the ball rolling, you can Click Here to Read The First Chapter of The Man Who Did Too Much.

I could use some cheerleaders. And though comments are always nice, you don't even need to comment to cheer me on. Thanks to modern hit counters, I KNOW when you silent little elves are visiting.

In the meantime, more theory posts coming up, like the difference between various mystery and crime genres, and applying some business productivity tips to writing. Also definitions of various kinds of critique.

2 comments:

JournoMich said...

I'm new to this blog, via Elizabeth Spann Craig's Mystery Writing is Murder.

Congrats on your near-finished MS...and I'm looking forward to the mystery theory posts!

Michele
SouthernCityMysteries

The Daring Novelist said...

Welcome Michele!

I try to keep the blog interesting with a good "ramble" or series of rambles. Sometimes it's all I can do to get the writing updates in, though.