Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 3 - 3287 Words and 50 Pages!

I actually went back and rewrote some of yesterdays words and I finally figured out how to handle a couple of transitions. The rest of the day was mostly rewriting, so I am still able to really rip up the word count.

I will surely have to slow down in a couple of days when I get to some spots that have big gaps and need extensive revision.

But I hit the fifty page mark, and that seems like a milestone. I would like to find some mystery writers/readers to give feedback on this much (or at least the first thirty pages). Not anything extensive. Just gut level reader reaction stuff. If anyone is interested, you can comment here, or shoot me an email at maudecat@gmail.com.

Running Total: 11615 Words.


11615 / 75000 words. 15% done!

In Today's Pages: How do you solve a problem for Maria?

3 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Okay, and right now I'm all tripped up over my synopsis/outline! I'll be joining in soon to start out my chapters and work on the other book I'm writing. :)

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Hart Johnson said...

Go go go, Camille! I hope it all goes smoothly like that. I wish I could volunteer to help, but at the moment have about three friends waiting and I am supposed to be addressing my own revisions, but I will check back if I slow down, as I am trying to master the mystery craft myself.

The Daring Novelist said...

Elizabeth: I sent you an email.

Watery Tart: I'll need fresh eyes later on too. And even if you never get freed up, I will be available for some critique myself (especially after dare is over).