Friday, May 30, 2014

Day 51 - Very short update

Uh, I bought a new game for my iPad and forgot what time it was....

I did some writing, and I had some great ideas for the story I'm developing to do after In Flight in the Romantic Suspense series.  (I.e. under the Vera Avrila pen name -- if I decide to use a pen name.)  Also did some work on The Man Who Ran Away.

The writing, though, was more exploratory writing on In Flight.  (Darn, I thought I was done with exploratory writing.)

Must behave myself tomorrow.  A whole bunch of small art house films have hit town, and will likely disappear very fast, so I need to get work done so I deserve to go to movies....  (Tomorrow, we will probably see Chef -- which seems appropriate for when I'm working on In Flight, as that's the name of a key character.)

See you in the funny papers.

3 comments:

Judith said...

Everyone's taste is different, but thought I'd just mention that I saw Chef last weekend and thought it was over-rated. It's gotten really good reviews, so I'm the odd man/woman out. But, I thought it was a snooze. It had a few pleasant moments.

The only reason I'm posting this is because if you've got a lot of movies to catch up with...well, maybe you can put this into your prioritizing calculs.

Judith said...

P.S. See on TPV. Going over to check out Frances & Richard Lockridge (? - now I'm going to have to double check the spelling) on Amazon.

The Daring Novelist said...

I suspect I and my movie companion are the ground-zero target audience for Chef. Although I expect The Lunchbox will be the real winner.

As for the lockridges: Richard Lockridge's writing style is an acquired taste. (He was very into arty stream-of-consciousness even though he was writing fluffy thrillers.) Frances did the plotting.

There is ONE book available for Kindle, which is a pretty good starter for their Mr. and Mrs. North series. The first page, though, has the style at it's worst, but if you get past that, it's fun reading.

My favorite of their books is Murder and Blueberry Pie, which is only available used. A good many of the Mr and Mrs North books are available at the Open Library, and I'll see what I can do about sorting them out.

I didn't get into the Heimrich books that much, but it has been a LONG time, so I'll probably mention as I get through them again.