Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Day 48 - Almost Blogging

Today I actually devoted some time to blogging.

I know I said I wasn't going to do any blogging, but right now I'm trying to write a book description for In Flight, and I decided that, instead of just soldiering on with what I know about it, and the standard advice for writing pitches and loglines, I would take a hard look at how I react to said pitches.

And I think I've discovered a thing or two, and I'm working hard to puzzle it out.

Blogging is a way of thinking.  So I'm writing a long blog post that I will probably cut up into a couple chunks.  I was going to post the first part today, but I decided to wait until it's done.

As a result, I wrote maybe 1500 words of blogging, and another couple hundred in fiction, mostly on The Man Who Ran Away.

Other than that, I mainly did some editing.

And I had a fine epiphany on how to bring in more information about Angela's real mother.  I thought the grandmother would tell her, but that happens way too late. Same with the retired cop.  Then I realized that Chef was already ahead of me.  He's a chef, a meddler, a former teacher.  Wouldn't he know somebody who knows somebody?

When I finally figured that out, Chef gave me a look, and told me that he has already tracked down a gossipy former student, and has invited her over for cocktails.  I'm welcome to listen in and start writing the scene if I like.

Sigh.  Characters!

In the meantime, I think I might enter the Write Club excerpt contest with the scene I was working on for The Man Who Ran Away

See you in the funny papers.

No comments: