Saturday, May 17, 2014

Day 38 - Quck Update

Mostly screwed around and read.  But I also started thinking about a trope I re-discovered in reading some old books.  It gave me some ideas of where to flesh out In Flight.  Which led me to do a little writing after all -- and maybe shake up the events in the middle of the book.

Today's Progress: 846 words on In Flight.

Off the cuff, last minute words, no less.  I have decided that Reef needs to be more of a bulldog.  And more of a problem for Angela.  So I let him catch up with her sooner.  And he's trying to shake her up by telling her about Chef's incident.  He does shake her up, but for very different reasons than he thinks.

Eating, Reading, Watching:

Not watching much of anything right now.  Finished reading The Withdrawing Room by Charlotte MacLeod.  Also finished listening to the audio book of Think Fast Mr. Peters by Stuart Kaminsky.  Still working on Murder Must Advertise and Murder and Blueberry Pie.

Made some homemade Mandarin Pancakes yesterday, to have with leftover Mu Shu Pork.  Made the rest of the dough into a Green Onion Pancake.  Just had stuff from the freezer tonight.  Oh, and a midnight snack of chocolate milk and peanut butter crackers --which caused me to channel Karla.  I can imagine George or Uncle Rosie calling her in the middle of the night with an important question, and not being able to get the benefit of her wisdom because her tongue is glued to the roof of her mouth with peanut butter.

Green Onion Pancake. Yummy!

See you in the funny papers.

2 comments:

Lee McAulay said...

One of the funniest things I ever saw was my parents' dog with a mouthful of peanut butter. She was greedy and took half a jar in one go, then spent five minutes with it stuck to the roof of her mouth glaring at me because I was laughing so hard...

The Daring Novelist said...

LOL, yes!

Although when we gave Woof a peanut butter jar, it would be after we had eaten most of the peanut butter out of it. He would lick it out slowly. (He was blind, though, so I suppose that made him naturally more cautious.)

Our dogs never got an actual glob of the stuff, partly because the humans in my family were too busy acting like your parents' dog.