Saturday, June 25, 2011

Weekly Preview, and Update (The Day Before The Dare)

Tomorrow - Sunday - the Clarion Write-a-thon begins.

It lasts six weeks, for the duration of the Clarion workshop, and ends August 6th. During this dare, I will be mainly blogging my progress. I'll continue the "Creating the Cover" series on Tuesday, and the secondary character interviews with authors on Fridays.

I'll post formal progress reports on Wednesdays, but other than that, my posts will mostly look like this:
Day 1 - 1202 words.
Phew, just made it. Had some difficulty with this, and fun with that.

I'll probably include some thoughts on various writing issues as they come up, but those will mostly be short. Now and then they will be one of my longer rambles. I'll try not to be boring.

When I first started this blog, that's how I structured my posts -- word count and a few comments about progress and sometimes a little more. I started getting more formal mainly because I have so much to say, and I needed some time management. But I like getting back to the roots of the blog.

One caveat: the more I blog my progress, the more I say about the story. I am careful to avoid plot spoilers, but I will be talking about things like the premise of the overall series arc, and the true nature of major characters. If you are the sort of reader who likes to discover these things for yourself, you may want to read with caution.

The posting schedule for this week is as follows:

  • Everyday: At the end of the day I'll post word count and general progress. (This will probably be sometime in the wee hours of the morning EST.)
  • Tuesday: Creating the Cover: Choosing Fonts (and a new concept sketch)
  • Wednesday: Progress Report
  • Thursday: Thoughts about the W.I.P.: the "premise" of a mystery series.
  • Friday: Interview to be announced

See you in the funny papers.

No comments: