Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Rambling Post About Nothing

I was supposed to write this post about Coverage and Critique for tonight. Heck, I was supposed to do it last week. I've mostly got it written.

But I'm not posting it, because it's boring me.

It isn't a problem with the subject so much as my mind is wrapped up in the story right now. And the blog is suffering for that.

Which is good because that was a part of the plan.

Don't ask which plan, I don't remember which one and I'm not going to look it up. It was in one of those grandiose posts about where I'm going and what I'm doing with my career. And I remember distinctly (or maybe indistinctly -- I'm a bit fuzz-headed tonight) that I said I was going to neglect everything else until I had more writing done. That I'm supposed to be establishing the foundation of my various series, etc.

I'm sure I said I wasn't going to worry about sales (but they dropped off this week!) or about blog stats (which I've been checking every ten minutes), or whether anybody has retweeted me (but if I wrote a better headline for that I bet I could get a retweet), or anything like that. I wasn't going to do that.

Because I don't need a big blog audience or an engaged Twitter following, or to worry about sales, or much of anything else, until I have more books out there. Because, after all, the best promotion for a book --the only real way to improve any of this -- is another book!

Am I mistaken, or isn't that something I've been saying loudly and for a long time?

Maybe I'm getting deaf in my old age and didn't hear it. I guess I should shout louder when I'm talking to myself....

See you in the funny papers.

No comments: