Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Best Post for Writers in the Whole Wide World EVAR

Once again Kris Rusch has written a brilliant post about the experience of being a writer -- this one for all writers, as opposed to being aimed at pros and semi-pros.

Believe in Yourself <-- read this

This post says everything I want to get across to most writers I meet, and it touches on the reason I run screaming from so many writer's groups: The writers don't frickin' believe in themselves, and they are so certain of it, that they spend all their energy on convincing everyone else not to believe in themselves either. "Gasp! Whatever you do, don't believe in yourself. Only delusional people believe in themselves!"

Folks that way lies mediocrity.

(Which I'm going to write about next week, by golly, when I talk about my experiences reading slush.)

See you in the funny papers.

No comments: