Saturday, March 27, 2010

eBook Experiment - Writing the Pitch

Finished the editing, but I did some tricky rewrites in the next to last chapter, so I think I need to let it cool and go over that part one more time on Sunday.

I also started sketching out the catalog copy, and my alpha reader got back to me. She hit me over the head with a hammer and told me I left out a key point. (But...but...but, I was trying to avoid spoilers. NOTE TO SELF - hiding your light under a barrel does not keep the reader in suspense. It just keeps them from seeing the good stuff.)

What I realized is that the pitch has to explain the title. I've got some phrases, but I probably won't have it ready until tomorrow. I'll post the second version here for feedback tomorrow or Sunday.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

That's a good point. Ugh...pitches. Not my favorite kind of writing. :)

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder