Saturday, January 30, 2016

ROW80 update - started my own cover site, sort of.

I guess I just got tired of designing without typography. (Or actually, designing with the idea that someone will do bad typography over the image.)

So this week I decided to stop posting to Self-Pub Book Covers as soon as I was done with the image design, and wait to pick and choose what I could upload there, and what would benefit from me doing the typography.

And I ended up starting a new blog: this one will act as a catalog for my premade covers.

It's at:  Camille's Cover Art

The template is just barebones at the moment (and will never likely be fancy, but I do at least want to design a title banner, and build up some hotlinks, etc.)  And so far, just the two covers that I decided I HAD to set type on today.

So anyway, back to having fun. (Wait... oh yeah. Taxes. And insurance paperwork.  Bleh.)

Oh, and here is the linky with all the ROW80 participants.

See you in the funny papers.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

You're right...the typography is just such a key part, isn't it?

Good luck with the paperwork. :( I just couldn't stomach myself to do it all at once this year, so I parsed out all the things I thought I needed to look up and put it on the calendar in bits and drabs for the last couple of weeks.

The Daring Novelist said...

This year the taxes weren't so bad. I did forget the pay for Jury Duty, and had to call the clerk to get the exact number. (She said, "Now, let me see... here it is... You started February 28, and ended.... Oh my! You were on the jury for three weeks! I can see why you want the number for your taxes!")