Saturday, July 5, 2014

Day 87 - Halfway-ish

Tomorrow I will post the goals for A Round of Words in 80 Days, which I will start Sunday (though everybody else starts on Monday) and which I will carry on for, I think, 87 days. (Until the end of September.)

Which I guess makes tomorrow the halfway point in my 175 Not-Really-Blogging Challenge.  But since you'll be reading this tomorrow, that makes this the halfway point marker.  I think.

Today I wrote about 4000 words of blogging, which may or may not show up later.  I was trying to get it out of my system.  One subject was probably a waste: I've been a little caught up in all the controversy in the publishing world about Amazon vs. Hachette.

The other is that I've started to keep a "red herring" and "clue" diary as I read various mysteries.  Pausing as I read to note down the things going through my head as a reader of mystery fiction, and then thinking about how this helps me plant clues as a writer of same.

This might be an interesting series of posts in the end.

In the meantime, I'm going to bed.

See you in the funny papers.

No comments: