Monday, July 7, 2014

Day 0 - On to the New Challenge

My ROW80+ Goal Meter (my goals are listed here):



1828 / 87000 words. 2% done!

It's Day 89 of my 175 Day Non-blogging Challenge (in which I resist blogging by only posting progress reports).  But since I'm starting the A Round of Words in 80 Days Challenge, and I'm even doing that a little differently than most, I figure I should simplify things and just start the count over again.

So, today is Day 0 of ROW80.  I usually start on Day 0 because I am obsessive compulsive, and it drives me nuts that ROW80 ends the day AFTER the last check in.  If you just start on Sunday, rather than Monday, you can post your results at the right time.

But this time I'm going on until the end of September -- beyond the end of ROW80 -- and so I figured I might as well start earlier, and I started yesterday.

First Progress Report:

  • Day -1: 901 words.
  • Day 0: 927 words.

All words so far are on The Man Who Ran Away, (the second book in my Starling and Marquette series, which began with The Man Who Did Too Much).  A visit to the country club restaurant, which was the scene of the suspicious behavior, and the place form which the missing $20 bill was kidnapped.

Some of this is incompatible with some of my ideas, so it may be cut or significantly changed, but for now, it'll do.

See you in the funny papers.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Ha! That's too funny... I'm obsessive that way, too. You're off to a great start!

The Daring Novelist said...

Thanks! (Funny how we are driven by such little obsessions. Lotta mysteries written about that...)

Shan Jeniah Burton said...

I'm almost the diametric opposite. I just look to find out when the round starts and ends. I post my goals on the Sunday before, and post my final update the Sunday after the round ends.

It works for me. No matter when the round begins or ends, I'm doing something writing-related everyday, so there's that...

Best of luck as those days and word counts add up! =)