Sunday, November 27, 2011

Weekly Preview and ROW80 Update

I went to see HUGO this afternoon. It was wonderful, and for some of us, it was a stunning box of surprise treats. It's a magical, fanciful tale about an orphan boy who lives in the walls of the Montparnasse railway station in Paris in the 1930s. He maintains the clocks and works on a broken robot his father left him.

And the magical mystery he is trying to uncover turns out to be a piece of real history that not many people know. It works great as just a fanciful story, but it's a jewel for those to whom the real story means something -- especially if you didn't see it coming. So I'm not going to say more. Just... go see it.

A Round Of Words in Eighty Days -- 7th week wrap up.

Wednesday Day 52 - 0 minutes.

Thursday Day 53 - 0 minutes.

Friday Day 54 - 61 minutes. I had a really really great half hour session, but when I went back to it, I hit the wall. I couldn't even keep my eyes open. I think I have more resting to do than I thought. I managed to eek out a little more decent work, though.

Saturday Day 55 - 167 minutes. Getting onto a roll again. I've got two whole days I hope to devote to this as yet. We'll see how far I get.

Preview of coming week:

I know I said I'd hoped to get back to more regular posting, but I'm really wrapping up this book, so the blog has to wait.

  • Monday - Random Page Excerpt
  • Wednesday - ROW80 Update
  • Thursday - Intro to the Point of View Series
  • Friday - IF I'M DONE, I'll do a post on Friday about what it used to be like to be a beginning writer, and what that might mean to beginners today.

See you in the funny papers.

No comments: