For the new visitors, this blog is for progress reports on ongoing writing projects - "novel dares" mostly. I report every day to keep me honest. For the next couple of weeks, though, I'll be taking time out from writing to do something different. I'm going to self-publish an ebook. (More info on my reasons why here and why not here.) This is for fun, and is not to be confused with my efforts at "real" publication.
I am a marketing geek, and I really enjoy this sort of thing. So sue me. (Wait. Don't sue me until after I establish an LLC first....)
Overall goal: to post the book on Kindle and Smashwords by April 4, 2010.
Broken down into tasks:
1. Read, edit and format ms. (By March 21)
2. Get feedback on the cover, and do what's necessary. (By March 20 - fixes by March 28)
3. Read the sequel (yeah, there is a rough draft of a sequel) and judge how soon it could be edited and ready so I can put a "coming soon" notice in the back of the first book. (Mar 22-24)
4. Copyright Registration (March 25)
5. Catalog Copy - test with my writer's group and here. (March 25-28)
6. Get my author website updated. (March 25- April 3)
7. Upload - go live. (April 4)
Some of these tasks will be simple, or even involve waiting around for responses, so I will probably also start in on the next Dare, which will be reading and idea generation.