Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 9 - 1638 Words Moving Toward the Chase

I have decided not to volunteer for certain reading jobs in March after all - which means I can extend the dare into Spring Break, which is the second week in March. Which in turn means I can set a higher goal (70k or bust, that is, finish the novel no matter how long it turns out to be) AND that I can take a week off to fix the opening.

Because the first complete draft is the draft I let my first readers read. And I don't let people read if the beginning does not set things up properly.

I might take this time off this coming week, or the week after, depending on my schedule, but I'll keep you posted. (I'll still be updating during the week "off." It'll just be a mini-dare on the first chapter or so.)

Running Total: 11162 Words.


11162 / 60000 words. 19% done!

In Today's Pages: Karla gets more impressive. George takes advantage of the video store clerk (or maybe that's the other way around).

No comments: