Friday, January 24, 2014

Arrrggghh!

Today exploded in my face again.  The evening involved much hair-tearing and running around and yelling and looking things up on the internet. (Don't ask.)  After a couple of hours of this, I had to pause and listen to Garrison Keillor's Slow Days of Summer on continuous loop for about a half-hour before I was calm enough to get back to what I was doing.

By the time I pulled together this great blog post (or the first 1/4 of it) I realized two things:

1.) This is a multi-part series. And when I say multiple parts, I don't just mean the original four part series I had planned on: I mean that each of those parts are breaking up into multiple parts.

2.) I wasn't going to get through the first part any time before 3am, so I might as well bag it and do it right for next week.

It's theory rather than The Game anyway.  We'll see how it breaks down when I write more tomorrow and Saturday.  I'll post the schedule for it on Sunday (along with some pictures; I got a bunch of new images up at Self-Pub Book Covers, though they haven't got around to putting them up yet).

Until then, here is a relaxing picture of my boy Max, enjoying some slow days of summer:

 


See you in the funny papers.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

At least you have good methods for calming yourself down! Love the picture of Max.

The Daring Novelist said...

Thanks!

Max loves that window, even though he doesn't fit. I call him my "Beach Boy" because he's a big healthy blond dude who loves the sun even more than most cats do.