Saturday, February 19, 2011

Friday Night Update, Plus Links

Long week, and I'm very very tired. I had a lot of catching up with a lot of things to do too. I need to go to bed.

So no words to report today. I have been back to writing daily, and all new words at the moment. I'm having a very creative period, with progress on five or six different stories. cropping up all at once. As of yesterday, though, I am back on the job with Old Paint: Dead or Alive.

Tomorrow I will probably post something from the screenplay, and, in spired by the silly crime aspects of the screenplay, I have come up with some ideas for short crime stories about a "Fairy God-Burglar." No, he's not magical, just something of a kleptomaniac do-gooder who intervenes in situations he comes across, as only a burglar can.

I also have dug up a few more Mick and Casey short stories to finish.

In the meantime, I promised some interesting links.

  1. Zoe Winters posted this week a reminder to writers who are in too much of a hurry: Slow Down, the Tortoise Won!
  2. Kris Rusch posted a very valuable post about the kinds of skills a modern writer needs.
  3. And a Kitteh goes bowling (short video).
(Say good night, Gracie...)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just wanted to say thanks for the great posts you do. I came over here from either Dean or Kris's blogs and have been following for a while. Lots of great information given in a no nonsense manner.

I'm giving you the Sweet Blogger Award for the great information you kindly give out. http://angeliaalmos.blogspot.com/2011/02/irresistibly-sweet-blog-award.html

The Daring Novelist said...

Well, thank you, Angie. It's always nice to hear from fans!