Friday, February 12, 2010

Day 27 - 1285 Words and Dreaming

I had a dream sequence, which I didn't know if I would keep, but as I wrote it, I realized that it was a great epiphany dream. Karla would wake up knowing something important.

I don't know how I feel about dream sequences. It seems like they would be easy to misuse, although off-hand I can only think of good ones I've seen in Toby Peters mysteries. (Well, I've seen some bad ones reading unproduced scripts.) What do you guys think? Are dream sequences like the "look in the mirror" cliche and something to be avoided by instinct? Or do you find them useful when the dream muse calls?

Running Total: 27987 Words.


27987 / 70000 words. 40% done!

(Forty Percent Done? I just don't feel like it's that much of the novel, but maybe that's a good thing. It means at the very least, I can trim.)

In Today's Pages: Karla dreams she's Margaret Hamilton, but in a good way.

No comments: