ROW Update -- today turned into a bit of an emergency, so I don't feel like to writing too much in addition to my update posts: To be honest, Monday was the biggest struggle day, but I fought the demon and won.
I am finding that with proper preparation, I am now writing about 1000 words in an hour, which is better than before. This is good, because I really do need to do two things: I need to kick my productivity up a notch, and I right now I do need my downtime. So more words per hour is not a bad thing.
Sunday Day 28 - 45 Minutes. It should have been more, but I got busy, and then distracted. But I also got more brainstorming in on that idea for the ending of the book. I now know the setting and the mechanics of the clues, and also how Mick will figure it out. (I prefer to have Mick do the explaining, and not the villain. Especially when it makes no sense for the villain to reveal the plot, even if it might appeal to the villain's sense of drama.) I think I have nothing scheduled for two days, which means the brainstorming is good.
Monday Day 29 - 124 minutes. That gave me about 2000 words. That was with a lot of prep work, but it was also with quite a bit of "stop and go" poking around with where the scene might be going. So I think that was pretty good output, even though it was pretty raw.
Tuesday Day 30 - 83 minutes. I had emergencies swirling around so I didn't get as much done as I would have liked, but I'm continuing to knit together the ending. I think that will help a lot with the middle.
Anyway, very tired. I'll see you on Friday with a review of one of Georgette Heyer's mysteries. Heyer didn't just write Regency romances, she was also a secondary player in the old-fashioned manor house mystery.
See you in the funny papers.