Saturday, May 28, 2011

Update and Weekly Preview

I started to make some progress, but I overdid it and my shoulder is back to killing me after typing maybe 100 words at a time. So I'm back to reading and making notes and maybe rewriting a little.

So I am incredibly depressed and frustrated over the delay in finishing The Man Who Did Too Much. I did, however, make some great progress overall, as I realized that I needed to restore the middle sequence to my original vision. I call it "un-revision" and before I screwed up my shoulder again, I wrote a blog post about it, which you'll see Thursday.

But other than some editing I have yet to do on "The Pie Maker," the rest of this week's posts were done ahead.

I'm rearranging the weekly pattern for this summer. My schedule had changed, but I think it also may work better for the blog. Saturdays will now be update days. The character interview will be on Fridays.

And I'm introducing a new feature: "Creating a Cover" will be a once a week (Tuesdays) post which follows the development and creation of a cover for The Misplaced Hero. It will cover reasons, research and inspirations, as well as the nitty gritty of creating it in Photoshop.

Okay it took two sessions to type that, so let's get on with this week's posting schedule. (NOTE: I will be out of town much of next week. We can only hope that will be good for my shoulder.)

  • Sunday: "The Pie Maker" Another of my fables for writers.
  • Monday: Notes on "The Pie Maker" - and the irony of writing the story. (Everything is Meta these days.)
  • Tuesday: Creating a Cover, pt 1 - thinking about using my own art as a part of my brand.
  • Wednesday: Drawer Time - why it's not about the story, but about YOU.
  • Thursday: Un-Revision - Making a sequence work by realizing... Emotional State is Trajectory
  • Friday: Character Friday with Julia March. A very short but sweet interview about a secondary villain with a will of her own.

See you in the funny papers!

No comments: