Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Bellhound - At Last FREE on Amazon this week!

Amazon has just announced to a number of indie authors that they are putting their books on sale for free this week. My fantasy short story collection, The Bellhound, Four Tales of Modern Magic, was chosen, and I couldn't be more delighted.

(Well, I could be... since I don't currently have any other books out there that really fit in the same genre, I kinda wish they had chosen Scattershale Gulch or Waiter, There's a Clue in My Soup! -- both of which would have been great for my mystery novels. But we takes what we gets.)

The first story, "The Bellhound," is a tie in to a book I hope to publish at the end of summer. One of the secondary characters -- Sgt. Jasper Wardell -- is one of the main characters in my fantasy book Moon Child: Ready Or Not, a book which explains how he got to know the kind of things and people he knows. (The short story takes place after the novel.)

NOTE: I'm writing this before the price has actually gone live, but by the time you see this, the price should be set.

In the meantime, it's the last week of the semester, and I'm swamped, but I will have a little time to prep on Thursday, so I hope to relaunch my posting shedule on Saturday. And, of course, get the darn novel finished.

I'll see you soon!

4 comments:

ModWitch said...

Whee! I hope it helps lots of people discover your work, Camille.

The Daring Novelist said...

You too! It's fun watching the numbers tick up

David Michael said...

Very cool! Good luck!

-David

The Daring Novelist said...

Thanks, David.

It appears I've given away 1200+ copies in the first 24 hours. I think this will likely go on for a week. But they don't tell us, so anybody who wants a free book should go for it while they can.