Monday, April 25, 2011

Cutting Back on Posting for A Couple of Weeks

I have a cold, I'm feeling burnt out, everybody around me is sick, and it's the end of the semester when day job issues ramp up to a fever pitch. Therefore I'm going to cut back on posting for a couple of weeks (until the semester is over).

I will do five things each week:

  • Story Sunday
  • Story Notes Monday
  • Character Wednesday Interviews (but not this week)
  • Friday Update

And I'll update my progress every night in the "Current Dare Progress" widget in my sidebar.

I'll skip this week's Character Wednesday, because I haven't actually contacted the author with the edited post yet.

I will post the Story Notes for "Alphabet Soup" tonight, and on Friday, we'll have an extra spiffy edition of the update: I'll take a look back at my eBook Experiment, and update you on where that stands.

I expect to start back on the regular schedule on May 15.

4 comments:

Lee McAulay said...

Camille, your posting schedule is manic! Take care of yourself - you deserve it.

The Daring Novelist said...

Thanks, Lee.

I started this blog to report my progress every day -- so the fact that I post daily has a purpose. The problem is that the blog grew into something of its own (which is a good thing too) but I need to reconcile the two purposes.

I think posting progress on the sidebar is the best way to keep the original purpose of the blog going right.

I could go back to what I used to do and literally just post progress on the blog, but I don't want to bore the audience, or fill the archives with basic updates without info.

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

You've got a lot going on this time of the year, I'm sure! Good to take a break. :)

The Daring Novelist said...

Thanks, Elizabeth!