Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Brainstorming Day 6 - 12 Things the Handsome Stranger Could Be Up To

The cold finally let up. I still have a cough but I was able to catch up with things.

In my brainstorming session, I decided that the male lead had to have his own mission. He's going to lurk and behave in suspicious ways. He may even be working with the badguys. So I did a session on different things he could be up to, and I got some possible winners.

In the meantime, I have just about finished prepping the swashbuckler for upload, and I have a good draft of the cover. Here it is. I have to pick a better back ground color (I was going for a leathery brown, but the internet changed it.) I also hate the way it went to jpeg. I wonder if Smashwords and Kindle will accept png files?

Now I have to do catalog copy. Here is the original query pitch.

"Anna von Halzig is an impetuous girl who dresses as a boy and sets out to find adventure in the small fictional nation of Lifbau. She finds her adventure in the mystery surrounding a kidnapping, and her true calling as a stableboy in the royal stables. But baron's daughter can't remain a stableboy for long, and adventure turns out to be confusing. The good guys, while admirable, are boring. The villain, on the other hand, is both dead wrong and a lot of fun. Anna has to figure out her own path between the two."

No comments: