Friday, July 9, 2010

Editing and Pictures

I did some editing today - including some of the manuscripts in hand, and also the guest post that should appear tomorrow at The Secret Archives of the Alliterati. (I haven't heard confirmation - I'll post when I see the link is live.)

The other thing I did today was pick the picture that I think I'll use for the cover of my mystery short fiction collection. I'm going to collect five of my published short stories, three of which have been nominated for awards, and two of which are Mick and Casey stories. The cover, though, I think I will base on the best title in the bunch: "Waiter, There's a Clue In My Soup!" (Which will also be the title of the collection.)

I figure it will be a nice sampler for a dollar (Amazon won't let you offer books for free).

Tomorrow I hope to talk about the Plodding Policeman in cozy mysteries. So often a fool, sometimes a nemesis, and sometimes a stalwart. I have a lot of thoughts, but I'm not sure yet exactly what I'm going to say....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Camille - I just love the title you've chosen! It's unique! It sounds like you're really making progress, and that's terrific.

The Daring Novelist said...

It was a great title for a fun short story. (Just a little "armchair" detecting story.) I think it's a natural for the collection.