Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sunday Update - and Coming Attractions

Somebody loves me in the UK!

My sales are slow enough overseas that when someone decides to buy one each of all my books, you can see it in the stats.   This causes the inevitable neurotic author reaction "I did something right? What'd I do? What'd I say?" which in turn tends to frighten the cats.

So thank you anonymous person over the sea!

In the meantime, now that I'm tracking everything I do for this blog, I'm starting to see just how much work it is.  Right now I'm working 20 hours at the day job, and 20 hours at home.  I don't have any trouble at all hitting that 20 hour time target when I include blogging and art.  Not at all.  As a matter of fact, I'm leaving things out, because I forget to keep track. (Also, I mess around too much online, so I don't reward myself by counting it in the tally even if it's business-related.)

This week I did a lot of artwork, though.  More than maybe I should have.  I do want to move to doing as much of my own art for blog posts as possible -- and I want to have art for everything -- so that does take time.  However, in some ways it is not stealing time from writing because I do a lot of the artwork while listening to TV.  This brings more time into the fold.


A Round of Words in 80 Days Update

Wednesday Day 66 - 196 minutes
Thursday Day 67 - 295 minutes
Friday Day 68 - 240 minutes
Saturday Day 69 - 180 minutes

Which makes for about 22 hours this week.

We're moving in on the final sequence in the blog story now. I haven't really written tomorrow's episode yet -- just kind of roughed it in as I move on to the next few.  I want to see the pacing and where it is going.

The last episode may be on October 1 -- but that will actually be a "credit cookie" or teaser into next summer's story.  The actual story will conclude on the last Thursday in September.  I think.

My next consideration is when to start Test of Freedom.  It will either be Oct 8 or 15.  I myself don't need a break between stories, since this next one is already drafted.  But I might want to take a week for transitional posts -- maybe a "story notes" wrap up for Misplaced Hero, and set up posts for Test of Freedom.

We'll see. In the meantime, here's the review/preview:


Last Week's Posts:


Coming This Week on the Blog:

Monday - Episode 37 - "The Run for the River"
Alex and Thorny find their escape blocked.

Tuesday - Story Notes
Some miscellaneous thoughts on The Misplaced Hero.

Wednesday - Writing The Online Novel, Introduction
Online fiction has a number of unique issues.  This is the start of a new series of posts -- to be published irregularly -- of thoughts and observations on online novel writing.

Thursday - Episode 38 - "Sword to Sword"
Alex gets down with swashing some bucklers.

Friday Favorites - Agatha Christie's Five Little Pigs
A favorite lesser-known Poirot story.


See you in the funny Papers.

2 comments:

KM Huber said...

Always a delight to drop by your blog, Camille. You publish fiction online better than anyone I've seen, and I suspect the main reason for that is you understand and appreciate the serial. I don't comment that often but just know I'm always coming by for "my stories."

Karen

The Daring Novelist said...

Thanks, Karen! It's nice to hear from people who are enjoying the stories.

I have had an increase in traffic since I started it, so I assume others feel the same way, but fewer comments and such.