Very short update today. For newcomers, I am participating in a writing dare called A Round of Words in 80 Days. We post progress on Sundays and Wednesdays. I tend to shift my goals to suit what I need to be working on. Here are the current goals. I didn't do too well on keeping them up in this segment....
A Round of Words in 80 Days update:
Sunday Day 49 - 226 words. I think Sunday is going to be my day "off" over summer. I'll be scrambling to get the serial episodes ready, and I might as well do other business too.
Monday Day 50 - 762 words. Didn't do as much as I wanted, but I have some good stuff for Eps 6 and especially 7.
However, I also wrote 2600+ words which don't count, because they're non-fiction. I saw two separate posts on blogs this week about writers struggling with their internal editor. One person was struggling with an overpowering internal editor, another had the internal editor completely turned off. And I realized that, over the years, I've developed a different approach to the internal editor, and I think it's worth talking about. Definitely something bigger than a blog post, though. Could be a short "manifesto" to publish for 99 cents, or maybe just a series of posts. Or maybe both.
Tuesday Day 51 - 817 words. And a picture. Today was busier at work than I expected. And when I got home, I made cookies and watched Day Of The Jackal, and had a bunch of ideas for The Man Who Stepped Up. But it was late when I settled in to write, so I mostly just prepped Episode 6 for posting tomorrow and did a banner, and then got a little work done on MWSU.
I'm not fully happy with the banner. I'm thinking of switching what kind of art I use for the story, from title banners to a square dingbat. I love the horizontal format, but when a preview thumbnail appears in a listing or RSS reader, it is often cut off in weird places. I think small square images tend to look best in previews. (Also I want to try some different styles.)
See you in the funny papers.