Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Update Day 5

I'm back to posting every day -- at least while I'm in an active dare. I'm still only posting a few full commentary posts a couple times a week, but I will post at least a minimal dare update when I don't post something else.

Today was my long day at the day job. Some physical running around, plus I'm trying to make things healthier for myself by working at least part of the day at a standing desk. (This has been VERY good for my bad arm.)

However, I am exhausted. So this is it as far as you getting a blog post:

Yesterday's "reading time" went really well. I took physical notes on paper as I read on my Kindle. I decided to implement some of those notes this morning before work, and it didn't take long at all. I expect tonight to do as well, but we'll see. Tomorrow I have more time for writing, so maybe I'll be digging into those more intense tasks.

I wanted to give you some examples of some little edits I made, and talk about them, but I am tired, so I'll have to do that another day.

See you in the funny papers.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Hope you got a little rest last night! Good luck with your edits.

The Daring Novelist said...

A little rest is right....

The heat came back, so I had to sleep in my office, where it's hard to keep the boy cat from doing things to disturb me.

We're trying to break him of his 'treats' addiction, and he has been really jonesing, so I got the "is it time to get up NOW?" treatment every hour on the hour.

Still, I wasn't tired from lack of sleep, just a really active day, so I just slept longer, and had a really good day of work today.